I have received a lot of requests for me to write a post about ‘what to do’ with children when in Dubai. I haven’t personally visited ALL of the below mentioned places, but im getting through the list slowly 😉
To be honest, Dubai is pretty kid-friendly all round, but here is some inspiration for activities the younger ones will enjoy a little extra;
- Global Village – Global Village is a HUGE park where a large number og countries around the world are represented, with their own themed areas. There is so much to see here, and i recommend going at the end of the day just before sunset. On thursdays they even have a big fireworks display!
- Dubai Parks & Resorts – This newly built group of theme parks is a definite hit with the older kids. A great way to get them to burn off some energy.
- The Green Planet – This amazing tropical indoor paradise is a perfect place to go and see, especially if you are already planning to visit ‘City Walk Dubai’ for breakfast or lunch.
- KidZania – This place is pretty cool, and Victors big sister loved it when she visited. It is basically a big activity park where children can do ‘jobs’ like adults do in the real world, where they then get paid in fake currency, which can be used else where in the park. Very fun and educational.
- Aquaventure or Wild Wadi waterparks – Both waterparks are a lot of fun. Aquaventure at Atlantis can get quite busy with very long queues, but both are great with areas for children of all ages (and adults)
- Dubai Miracle Garden – A beautiful place in Dubai, where there are lots of very interesting and cool sculptures made from flowers and plants.
- Splash pad – Splash pad is an outdoor water play area right on the beach by the Marina and JBR. Children from 1 year old can enjoy some water fun in a controlled and safe environment.
- Dubai Glow and Dinosaur park – A great place to go in the evenings where you can see all the dinosaurs and magical light displays.
- The lost chambers Aquarium – I absolutely love this place. Located at Atlantis on the palm, this aqaurium is a lot better than the one in Dubai Mall if you ask me. We went for Victors 6 month birthday and he was so amazed by it.
- Desert fun – This is more suitable for adults and older kids, but definitely fun and different. Go and ride on ATV’s, or buggies, slide down sand dunes on bags, or just go exploring! Rental option here.
- Ripe night Market – Try something different, that not many tourists do! This outdoor market is so much fun, with lots of shopping opportunities, kids activities and great food.